Petra with Overnight in Aqaba
Petra with Overnight in Aqaba Itinerary
Petra dates back over two thousand years and was built by the Nabateans. Their wealth came from controlling the water supply for the whole area. They built huge water cisterns, and sold the water in times of drought. Petra was a stopping point for trade routes going from North to South, and East to West. The most famous site in Petra is the Treasury, a huge façade carved into the sandstone. Some of the other sites to see in Petra are the amphitheater, the water cisterns, the tombs, the crypts, the caves, and the temples.
18:30: Pickup from accommodations and transfer from Eilat to the Arava crossing border with our professional crew.
19:00: Border passing includes border control and customs.
This process may take up to 1 hour, so your patience is required and appreciated.
19:30: Transfer from crossing border to the hotels in Aqaba.
We recommended you use the map of Aqaba and visit some of the sites in your free time.
Aqaba is a beach town, you can even go for a swim or dive in the Red Sea.
Day 2 :
08:00: Hotel breakfast.
10:00: Pick up from Hotel, and transferred from Aqaba to Petra.
11:30: Tour of Petra begins at the entrance to the site. Included in your package is an optional horse-back ride for the first 200 meters of the route. The ride will allow you to taste the unique atmosphere of the place, (tipping the carrier is required, ranging from 2-5 dollars at your discretion).
15:30: Lunch at a local authentic restaurant.
16:30: We begin our return trip towards Aqaba. This route includes a few stops along the way at certain observation points in order for you to enjoy the beautiful landscape.
18:30: Arriving in Aqaba for a short panoramic tour of the city.
19:00: Arrival at the border and return to Israeli Hotels with assistance of our crew, you will be transported back to your primary destination/s in Eilat.
19:30: The tour ends, until next time.
- Night before the trip in a 3 star hotel
- Transfers are by new models of air-conditioned cars / vans / buses.
- Jordanian English speaking tour guide
- Entrance fees in Petra
- Lunch in a local authentic restaurant.
- Short scenic tour of Aqaba
- View point of Wadi Rum.
- Transfer back to your Hotel/Airport in Eilat
- Israel and Jordan border taxes.$65
- All kinds of drinks
- Single supplement $60 / high season $70.
- Room rates are charged at Per Person in double room.
- Visa for Jordan. We can make it for you at the border for a fee of $75. (There is an option to stay 1 more night in Jordan, and you will not need a visa).
check the weather for Petra with Overnight in Aqaba tour