Petra Jordan from Aqaba
Tour to Petra from Aqaba Itinerary
A Daily English tour Departure from Aqaba at 09:30.
The ancient city of Petra, the "treasure of Jordan," is one of the seven wonders of the world. It is located two hours drive north of Aqaba.
Petra is an inheritance that has been left by the Nabataens who were brave warriors and industrious scabblers settled in southern Jordan more than 2000 years ago. Petra's peculiarity is its wonderful location, in the heart of the desert. The city is located in the mountains which depending on time of the day turn colors into pink, dark red, purple or orange. From the main entrance the visitors will pass between the precipitous cliffs through the awesome Siq, a huge crack in the sandstone 1,2 km.long.
The most famous Petra's monument, the Treasury, is the completion of the Siq. In addition, hundreds of building, facades,crypts, baths, mourning halls, temples, and, of course, the Roman theater of three thousand seats built in the 1st century B.C., are of great interest.
After visiting Petra you will have lunch at a local restaurant with an extensive selection of oriental dishes.
Sight-seeing tour in Aqaba and return to Israel.
Estimated time of return to Aqaba is 19:00.
- Meeting and assistance from the hotel and back
- Transportation in a comfortable bus
- Entrance fee to Petra
- Horseback ride – 800 m.
- Sight-seeing tour in Aqaba
- English tour guide
What you need to know
- Departure tax, tips, personal expenses, and private insurance.
- Other languages available for an extra fee.
- We recommend that you have cash money available for border fees and tips.
- Have a valid passport and landing card
- We require nationality, passport number, date of issue, expiry date and birth date for reservation
- Voucher and visa/tax/tip money, in cash only (payable in U.S. dollars, Euro, Pound Sterling, or Israeli Shekel)
- Very warm clothing in Winter, cool comfortable clothing and head covering in Summer
- Good walking shoes
- Personal insurance is not included.
- Please note: No insurance company insures any accident from a horse or any other animal