Petra Jordan + Aaron's Tomb 2 days
Tour to Petra Jordan and Aaron's Tomb 2 Days Itinerary
A two day tour to Petra and Aaron's Tomb, especially adapted for traditional observers.
Petra, the Nabatean capital, is carved into the rock, and is situated on the far end of Wadi Musa. The road leading there meanders through the narrow, deep, winding and breathtaking Siq (the shaft) at the end of which the striking splendor of the burial shrine, Al Khazneh (the treasury) is revealed to us. We will visit the theater, the facade, and the Winged Lions Temple which is still under excavation and more… The Tomb of Aaron is the name of the supposed burial place of Aaron, the brother of Moses. There are two traditional locations, Mount Hor, near Mount Sinai in the Sinai, or at a location near Petra in Jordan.
Pick up from your hotel or the airport in Eilat at 08:15. Leaving the Arava border crossing in the morning, traveling to Aqaba for a short tour of the city. We take a two hour walk and climb Jebel Haroon, where Aaron's Tomb is situated. The Jordanians will not climb with you. They will show you where to go, and you are on your own. Overnight in Petra.
We enter the Petra nature reserve and a take a short horse ride (those who wish to do so). After taking pictures we will arrive at our ultimate destination, the ancient and picturesque city of Petra.
At noon we will have lunch at a restaurant.
Places we visit: Petra, Wadi Rum, Aaron's Tomb.
If there is any time left towards the afternoon we will leave Petra and travel back towards Aqaba to tour the city.
At about 7 pm we will cross the border back into Israel.
Those who have difficulty walking can hire a donkey drawn buggy for an extra fee to the local people.
Minimum 2 people
Number of days: 2.
Language: English (a supplement for a different language).
Comprised meals: Lunch, dinner, breakfast, lunch.
- An English speaking Jordanian tour guide who will accompany us at all times
- An air conditioned coach throughout the tour (except for walking tours),
- Entrances to Petra and a short horse ride in Petra (those who wish to do so),
- Lunch at a restaurant in Petra,
- A two hour jeep ride in Wadi Rum,
- Some light Bedouin refreshments, a bottle of mineral water, a tour of Aqaba (pending on our timetable).
- The tour does not include: Border taxes and tips, personal expenses and beverages, camel rides, climbing or snappeling.
- Private insurance.
- Other languages available for an extra fee.
- We recommend that you have cash money available for border fees and tips
- Single supplement $60, and in high season $70.
- Visa for Jordan.We can make it for you at the border for a fee of $75.(There is an option to stay 1 more night in Jordan, and you will not need a visa).
What you need to know:
- Have a valid passport and landing card
- We require nationality, passport number, date of issue, expiry date and birth date for reservation
- Voucher and visa/tax/tip money in cash only (payable in U.S. dollars, Euro,
- Pound Sterling or Israeli Shekel)
- Very warm clothing in Winter, cool comfortable clothing and head covering in
- Good waking shoes
- Personal insurance is not included
- Please note: No insurance company insures any accident from a horse or any other animal
- The tour will operate with a minimum of two travelers.
- Those who eat kosher will be provided with kosher meals.