Petra & Wadi Ram tour 2 days from Eilat
Petra and Wadi Rum 2 days from Eilat Itinerary
Petra was left by the Nabateans over 2000 years ago. Petra is one of the 7 wonders of the world. It is a historical and archaeological site, famous for its amazing facades, which are carved into the sandstone. Tour the treasury, the amphitheater, the tombs, and much more. The facades, tombs, statues, and all of what is in Petra comes from many different peoples. The facades are taken after the Romans, the tomb fronts are Syrian, the tombs are from the Nabateans and the Greco-Roman. The Nabateans made their money from collecting water. They built huge water cisterns and collected the water. In times of drought they sold it.
Wadi Rum is famous for its rock formations. One set of formations is called the “Seven Pillars of Wisdom.” There are many Bedouins in Wadi Rum. They have built 2 schools here, one for boys and one for girls. You can see how the Bedouins live in their goat haired tents. The Nabateans left their mark in Wadi Rum in forms of graffiti on the sides of the mountains.
Day 1: Petra
We will pick you up from your hotel or the airport in Eilat and take you to the Arava border. There we will help you with the border proceedings. Continue driving to Petra, about a 2 hour drive.
We start the wonderful day in Petra.
We will see the treasury house, the tombs the roman theater and more.
You will learn about the Nabataens their history, their art, their gods, and more.
After 4 to 5 hours of walking and learning we will eat lunch in one of the local restaurants.
After lunch we will take you to your hotel in Petra for overnight.
Day 2: Wadi Rum
We will pick you up from your hotel and take you Wadi Rum.
And then the adventure starts.
A short drive will bring you to Wadi Rum.
3 hours tour of 4x4 wheels will take you to a magnificent landscape.
We will drive you into the Nabataens ways, and the Bedouin way of life.
After visiting Wadi Rum we will stop for lunch, and then continue back to the border, and your hotel or the airport in Eilat.
The price is per person for 3 star hotel
Single supplement for hotel $100
- Roman Theater
- Bath house
- Wadi Rum
- Transfer from Eilat airport or hotels to Arava border with our professional assistance.
- Jordanian English speaking tour guide in the site Petra.
- Transports are by new executive models of air-conditioned cars / vans / buses.
- Entrance fees + short horse ride in Petra.
- Lunch in local authentic restaurant.
- Short panoramic tour of Aqaba.
- Meeting and assistance on the Israeli side and transfer back to Eilat Airport or Hotel.
- Hotel Overnight in Petra ( Wadi Musa ) on a half board basis
- Departure tax, tips, personal expenses
- Private insurance.
- Other languages available for an extra fee.
- We recommend you that you have cash money available for border fees and tips.
- Visa We can make it for you at the border for $75 per person. (There is an option to add 1 more night in Jordan for $60.) If you stay 2 nights in Jordan there is no need for a visa.
What you need to know:
- Have a valid passport and landing card.
- We require nationality, passport number, date of issue, expiry date and birth date for reservation.
- Voucher and visa/tax/tip money in cash only (payable in U.S. dollars, Euro, Pound Sterling or Israeli Sheckel).
- Very warm clothing in Winter, cool comfortable clothing and head covering in Summer.
- Good walking shoes.
- Personal insurance is not included.
- Please note: No insurance company insures any accident from a horse or any other animal.