Petra one day tour from Amman
Petra One Day Tour From Amman Itinerary
Petra is an inheritance that has been left by the Nabateans who were brave warriors and very industrious. They were also famous for their graffiti. The Nabateans settled in southern Jordan more than 2000 years ago. Petra's peculiarity is its wonderful location, in the heart of the desert. The city is located in the mountains, which depending on time of the day, will change colors into pink, dark red, purple or orange. From the main entrance, the visitors will pass between the precipitous cliffs through the awesome Siq, a huge crack in the sandstone 1,2 km. long.
The most famous of Petra's monuments, the Treasury, is an amazing facade carved into the sandstone. In addition, hundreds of building, facades, crypts, baths, mourning halls, temples, and, of course, the Roman amphitheater of three thousand seats built in the 1st century B.C., are of great interest.
Early morning we will pick you up from your hotel in Amman and drive to Petra.
Start the tour with the entrance, or the siq, as it is called. Tour Petra with an experience licensed guide.
After visiting Petra you will have lunch at a local restaurant with an extensive selection of oriental dishes.
Early evening, we will drive back towards Amman where we will drop you off at your hotel.
Total time in Petra (sightseeing): around 5 hours
Minimum 2 persons. If one person there will be a single supplement for the transfers.
- Mourning Halls
- Entrance fee to Petra (1 day pass ticket)
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
What you need to know:
- Comfortable lightweight walking boots
- Lightweight, loose-fitting clothing appropriate to warm conditions
- Sunhat or head dress that also covers the neck
- Sun protection lotion
- Water flask
- Jordan is generally considered to be a very safe country however we recommend that you bear the following in mind when visiting:
- Be sensible how you store or carry around your passport, wallet and any valuables.
- During some parts of the trip you will be given some free time to wander around on your own, relax or explore at your own leisure; at these times we recommend that you use your good judgment as to what activity(s) you choose to do.
- Our Group Leader / guide will be ready at all times to help you decide how you spend your time.
- Please make sure you have adequate footwear and clothing for the hiking trips you will be taking.