Petra and Wad Rum 2 days from Sharm Egypt
Petra and Wadi Rum 2 Days from Sharm Egypt Itinerary
Petra was left by the Nabateans around 2000 years ago. As you enter the pathway that is a crack between the mountain, called the siq, you will get your first look at the Treasury. The Treasury is a facade that was carved into the mountain. There are over 800 structures still standing today in Petra. Tour the tombs, crypts, amphitheater, and much more. The scenery is astounding, and as the day goes on watch as the mountains turn from pink to red to orange.
Wadi Rum is in the desert where the Bedouins have lived for hundreds of years. Observe how the Bedouins live, and their way of life, still living in tents. There are many sandstone paintings, that were done by the Nabateans.
Day 1 : From your hotel in Sharm Egypt you will be taken to the border of Taba
this will be a drive of 3 hours, where you will be assisted with visa requirements and transfer.
When you get to the Taba border you will be transferred to the Arava border of Jordan.
On the Jordanian side you will travel from Aqaba by deluxe vehicles to Petra, stopping near Hasan Prince palace for an overview. Entering the city through the Siq you will see the world famed treasury, the tombs and colonnaded street carved into the mountain. An open buffet lunch will be served at the Nabatean Tent restaurant. After lunch we will drive to Wadi Rum. Stay in a Bedouin tent for overnight.
Day 2 :
Breakfast and then start an amazing jeep tour. Tour the Wadi Rum desert and be amazed at the history of the desert, the sandstone etchings, and the structures jutting out of the sand. An unusual site to behold.
Minimum 2 people.
5:00 - Transfer from Sharm Egypt to the border of Taba ( Eilat )
8:15 (Fri-Sat: 08:15) – Transfer from Eilat Border to Arava border with professional assistance
08:30 – Crossing over to Jordanian side of border.
11:00 – Arrive to Wadi Musa and entry into Petra.
15:30 –Lunch at a local authentic restaurant.
16:30 – Pick up from the site and transfer to hotel.
17:00 – Drive to Wadi Rum and enjoy staying overnight in a Bedouin tent.
8:00 – Breakfast at the campsite, and start touring in Wadi Rum. There will be a 2 hour jeep tour, and some walking.
12:30- Start the drive back to the Arava border, and from there the Taba border.
14:30- Arrive at the Arava border.
15:00- Arrive at the Taba border.
17:00- Arrival in Sharm.
- Transportation, a driver will pick you up from your hotel, assist you at the border.
- Tour Guide
- Entrance fees
- Border tax,tips,personal expenses, and private insurance.
- Other languages available for an extra fee.
- We recommend that you have cash money available for border fees and tips.
- $65 border tax charge, for each border.(Egypt and Jordan)
- Border fees may change due to currency rate changes.
- Health Insurance.
- Single supplement $60, and in high season $70
- Visa for Jordan we can make the visa at the border for you, for a fee of $75. There is an option to stay one more night in Jordan for $60. (Staying 2 nights in Jordan does not require a visa.) We can make the visa for you at the border for a fee of $75.
What you need to know:
- Have a valid passport and landing card.
- We require nationality, passport number, date of issue, expiry date and birth date for reservation
- Voucher and visa/tax/tip money, in cash only (payable in U.S. dollars, Euro, Pound Sterling or Israeli Shekel).
- Very warm clothing in Winter,, cool comfortable clothing and head covering in Summer.
- Good walking shoes.
- Lunch will be late, so please eat breakfast before departure.
- Personal insurance is not included. Please note: No insurance company insures any accident from a horse or any other animal.