Petra & Shobak 2 days from Eilat
Tour to Petra and Shobak 2 Days from Eilat Itinerary
Petra is also called the rose colored city, because of the rose color of the mountains. The mountains change color according to the time of day from red, to pink, and to orange. The famed Treasury is cut into the sandstone to create an enormous façade in the mountain. The amphitheater is most unusual because of the tombs visible between the seating. The city of Petra was once used as a refuge or sanctuary by kings and nobles.
Shobak is at the highest elevation in Jordan. The city is know n for their apple and fruit farms. Shobak is famous for its crusader castle the Montreal. It was built over a thousand years ago by Baldwin 1 of Jerusalem. There is not much left but the ruins, and a lot of history to go with it.
Minimum 2 people
We will pick you up from your hotel at 08:15, and bring you to the border.
After crossing the border, you will visit Aqaba for a short time ( around 20 min)
Then the adventure starts.
We will drive to Petra which takes about 2 hours and start the wonderful day in Petra. Tour Petra
After 4-5 hours of walking and learning eat lunch in one of the restaurants.
Check into a 3 star hotel in Petra ( there is an option for an upgrade )
Breakfast at the hotel
We start our drive to the amazing Shobak city which includes the amazing Crusader castle .
After a tour of 3 hours we will continue to the Arava border and finish our tour at the Border, we will pick you up from the border and get you back to your hotel in Eilat.
- Montreal Castle
- Meeting from your hotel and back.
- Assistance at the border, tour guide, entrance fees, lunch, hotelaccommodation on B/B basis (3 star hotel).
- Departure tax, tips, personal expenses and private insurance.
- Other languages available for an extra fee.
- We recommend that you have cash money available for border fees an tips.
- Have a valid passport and landing card.
- We require nationality, passport number, date of issue, expiry date, and birth date for the reservation.
- Voucher and visa/tax/tip money in cash only (payable in U.S. dollars, Euro, Pound Sterling or Israeli Shekel).
- Very warm clothing in Winter, cool comfortable clothing and head covering in Summer.
- Good walking shoes.
- Personal insurance is not included.
- Please note: No insurance company insures any accident from a horse or any other animal.
- Single supplement $60, in high season $70
- Visa, we can make it for you at the border for $75 per person.
- There is an option to stay one more night in Jordan for $60 per person, and not have to obtain a visa. The law in Jordan states that if you stay 2 nights in Jordan, no visa is necessary.