Cairo and Luxor 3 days
3 days Cairo and Luxor Itinerary
Cairo is the largest city in Egypt with a population of around 6.7 million. Cairo was a group of settlements that can be traced back to the first millennium. Egypt is famous for its pyramids and has the largest pyramids and sphinx in the world. The pyramids were built to house the dead pharaohs and all of their wealth.
The Egyptian Museum located in Cairo has the largest collection of ancient antiquities in the world. They have a collection of over 160,000 artifacts including, masks, paintings, mummies, coins, statues, etc.
Luxor is famously known as the worlds’ greatest open air museum. Every year thousands of tourists come to visit the monuments in Luxor. The main place of worship in the eighteenth dynasty (1292-1543 B.C) was the Karnak Temple. It is a complex made up of temples, pylons, chapels, and different buildings. Hashepsut’s Temple has been partially reconstructed. It is located on the bottom of the cliffs, and has a beautiful backdrop.
There is an option to extend the tour with a 5 day cruise on the Nile.
Minimum 2 people
21:00 - Pickup from the hotel in Eilat transport to Taba border
22:00 After crossing border we will start to drive to Cairo 10 hours.
07:00 Coffee at the famous market , then continuing to the pyramids and sphinx
12:00 Lunch in a local authentic restaurant
13:00 Cairo Museum
15:00 City tour and bazar
19:00 Night train to Luxor (about 9 hours)
06:00 Tour in the west bank of Luxor-Valley of the kings include Hatshepsut Temple
13:00 Tour in the east bank of Luxor- include visit the Karnak Temple and Luxor Temple
19:00 Night train back to Cairo (about 9 hours)
06:00 Tour the ancient Cairo, visit the Coptic Church, and Synagogue of Ben Ezra (Cairos' oldest Synagogue) 10:00 Tour to the citadel of Saladin14:00 Transport to Cairo (abour 10 hours)23:00 Arrive to Taba border24:00 Transfer back to your hotel in Eilat/ airport
- Egyptian Museum
- Hashepsut Temple
- Karnak Temple
- Luxor Temple
- Coptic Church
- Synagogue of Ben Ezra
- Citadel of Saladin
- Transportation from your hotel or airport
- Assistance at the border
- Two nights at Sleeper Train with H/B
- Entrance fees to mentioned sights in the program
- 3 lunches
- English speaking guide (other languages are available for a fee)
What you need to know:
- Visa to Egypt
- Border Taxes paid in cash only at the border $65 per person
- Entrance fees to inside the great pyramid and Mummy room
- Any item not mentioned as included
- Personal Expenses
- Personal insurance
- Single supplement not included.
- Have a valid passport and landing card.
- We require nationality, passport number, date of issue, expiry date and birth date for the reservation.
- Voucher and visa/tax/tip money in cash only
- Very warm clothing in Winter
- Cool comfortable clothing in Summer.
- Good walking shoes.