Cairo & Alexandria 3 day tour
3 days to Cairo and Alexandria Itinerary
Cairo the capital of Egypt, with a population of 6.76 million people, is the largest city in Egypt. Travel to The Great Pyramid of Giza which is the largest and oldest pyramid of the 3 that you will see there. It is the only pyramid known to have both ascending and descending passageways. There are rooms that held the king and queen, the smaller pyramids held their family, and the smallest ones were for their staff. The Great Sphinx is a statue of a lions body and a human head, it is one of the largest statues in the world. The Cairo museum is astounding, holding over 120,000 pieces of antiquity, and the largest collection of Pharaonic antiquities. Visit the famous Kahn-el Khalili market where you will have time to shop, in the market see everything sold there from clothing, jewelry, to spices, food, household goods. Alexandria is a seaport town and the second largest city in Egypt. Alexander the Great founded Alexandria in 331 B.C. For a long time Alexandria was the cultural center of the ancient world, up until it was plundered. There was a great tsunami caused by an earthquake in 365 A.D. that buried a lot of ancient Alexandria. There are many sites to see like the catacombs that can be reached through a huge spiral staircase with many levels in it. Minimum 2 people
Depart from Eilat hotels at 24:00, where you will be met by the Egyptian team and travel into Egypt westward across the Sinai desert via the Suez Canal to Cairo. Arrive in Cairo in the morning, and visit the Egyptian Museum, famous for its antiquities dating back about 50 centuries, including the great archaeological treasures from Tutankhamen's tomb. After lunch visit a papyrus institute for a demonstration of how paper was made and an explanation of hieroglyphics. Travel to your hotel for overnight and a free evening. Day 2:
A full day trip to the charming city, situated on the Mediterranean, founded by Alexander the Great. The city resoled Rome during the reign of queen Cleopatra. Visit the catacombs of Kom El Shokafa, Pompeii's pillar, citadel from out side and the greatest Library. Alexandria is very famous with wonderful beaches, cafes, souks and relics from a by gone age area highlight of Alexandria. Day 3:
Visit the Cairo Pyramids, the only remaining wonder of the ancient world, and as such, the world’s oldest tourist attraction and the Sphinx. Tour ancient Cairo, starting with a visit to the Coptic Church and then visit the Synagogue of Ben Ezra, Cairo’s oldest synagogue. Continue on to the Citadel of Saladin. Bazaar - packed with spices, perfume, copper ware, & trinkets, where those who wish to can purchase souvenirs. Depart Cairo, driving to the Suez Canal and under to the Sinai Peninsula. Continue on to Taba Border for departure.
- Cairo .
- Pyramids of Giza and the sphinx.
- Cairo Museum
- Mohammed Ali Castle
- Eat at a local authentic restaurant.
- Khan el Khalili Market.
- Mummies room
- Two nights at 3 star hotel in Cairo on B/B basis. (Rates per person in a double room).
- Meeting and assistance at the border.
- Professional tour guide in your language.
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle/bus.
- Entrance fees. Including the Mummies room.
- Breakfast and lunch
- Food and drinks not stated as included.
- Israel and Jordan border taxes + transport to the border ($65 Collected in Cash at the Border ).
- Visa to Egypt - ($50 Collected in Cash in Border ).
- We recommend that you have cash money available for border fees, tips, and personal expenses.
- Personal insurance.
- Single supplement.
What you need to know:
- Have a valid passport and landing card.
- We require nationality, passport number, date of issue, expiry date and birth date for the reservation.
- Certain nationalities require advance issue of visas.
- On Ramadan Muslim month - depart at 1 AM.
- Additional charges for 4 and 5 stars hotels.
- Other languages are available for an extra fee.
- Do not forget: Passport, camera, comfortable walking shoes and a coat (in winter time).
- Hat, sunglasses and sunscreen are required in the summer.
- Please note: No insurance company insures any accident from a horse or any other animal.
- Confirmation will be received 24 hours post booking.